Hatch Gen 2 Finatic Fly Reels
Change for the sake of change is pointless. More often just marketing, simply changing colors or adding letters or numbers to an existing product's name doesn't achieve squat. TRUE change must be measurable, be significant enough to matter, and create value added performance for the user both when and where it counts. The exciting new Gen 2 Finatic Fly Reels from Hatch achieves just that! Incorporating everything learned over their past 15 years on-the-water and at the design bench, the Gen 2 Finatic takes fly reel performance to a whole new level.
Model 2 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
- NEW bead blasted Mist Finish creates smoother edges, is non-reflective throughout, and looks pretty damn cool!
- NEW ultraflon sleeve separates aluminum crank handle from shaft, eliminating galvanic corrosion so your crank spins effortlessly for years to come.
- NEW 9 window frame design with concave surfaces makes reels lighter without sacrificing any strength.
- NEW lip seals and sealed bearing for enhanced protection against submersion and the elements.
- Bomb proof frame to spool connection for maximum strength and true-spin consistency.
- Signature solid machined reel foot superior to traditional two-part screw-attached designs, eliminating looseness from rot or corrosion.
- Hook Guard keeps those hooks tucked into the arbor of the reel and out of the way of your hands.
- Multi-disc drag cassette comprised of Rulon and precision stamped stainless steel, spreads pressure and heat dispersion, virtually eliminating start up inertia and stick slip problems.
Small water perfection. The 2 Plus is rated for 2 through 4 weight lines, weighs only 3.2oz without line, and measures 3 inches in DIA. Match up with your favorite lightweight fly rod and you're ready to fish any small stream, lake, or favorite dry fly stretch of water. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 2-4 | SPOOLS LARGE ARBOR ONLYDIA 3.0 in | WIDTH .875 in | WEIGHT 3.2oz
Model 3 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
If you're looking for the perfect trout reel than you just found it. The 3 Plus is capable of running 3 through 5 weight lines with ample backing capacity for the occasional whopper that might come along. This little wonder means business. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 3-5 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 3.25 in | WIDTH .825 in | WEIGHT 4.8oz
Model 4 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
At first glance you'll notice this aint no dainty trout reel. The perfect western trout fishing reel, the 4 Plus is capable of running 4, 5, and 6 weight lines with ease. If you can only buy one reel to use for both dry and nymph fishing then this is the one. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 4-6 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 3.425 in | WIDTH .90 in | WEIGHT 4.9oz
Model 5 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
When the fish get a little bigger and harder to handle, this is the perfect reel, whether streamer fishing or hucking big drys at 20 inches plus fish. It also serves double duty as a lightweight 6 or 7 weight setup for stalking bones on the flats. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 5-7 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 3.625 in | WIDTH .9375 in | WEIGHT 6.2oz
Model 7 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
If you were stranded on a desert island and had only one reel to bring it should be the 7 Plus. It's the perfect crossover reel for both salt and fresh water fly fishing. From bonefish to permit, or steelhead to carp, this reel has got you covered. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 7-9 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 4.0 in | WIDTH 1.125 in | WEIGHT 8.4oz
Model 9 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
A reel with the look, feel, and performance of a Ferrari. Capable of running 9 through 12 weight lines, and your choice of mid or large arbor spools, this reel is one versatile hombre. If you are truly serious about saltwater or Spey fishing than this is your next reel. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 9-11 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 4.25 in | WIDTH 1.375 in | WEIGHT 10.3oz
Model 11 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
Hatch had one thing in mind when they designed this reel... Tarpon. Bridging the gap between the 9 and 12 Plus models, an oversized handle provides greater grip control and the mid arbor option is great for Spey rods from 13.5-14.5 feet. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 11-12 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 4.625 in | WIDTH 1.50 in | WEIGHT 11.28oz
Model 12 Plus Gen 2 Finatic Reel
Designed for fish that are notorious for being really hard to handle (like GTs or tuna) that can undo your average gear in a fraction of a second. You will not find a better fish-fighting tool on the market for these situations and it's also great for big Spey applications. (stocked color Grey/Black)LINES 12-16 | SPOOLS LARGE + MID ARBORDIA 5.0 in | WIDTH 1.6875 in | WEIGHT 14.8oz